Saturday, December 1, 2007

WARNING: ICE STORM IN THE MID-WEST (aka Omaha, NE)

yesterday afternoon a severe weather advisory was sent out on the news, warning us about an ice/snow/rain/wind storm. we were told to plan on not going anywhere today. so, at 11pm last night my girlfriend and i went to walmart to stock up on groceries "just in case". on the way there we were cracking up about a stand up comedian, henry cho, who does a skit about whenever there's a crisis the bread is always the first food to be sold out at the grocery stores. well, we turned onto the bread isle at walmart and this is what we found!!! freaky, eh?!

these are some of the effects of the ice storm. my van is the blue one in the back ground. luckily there was about 1/2 inch of ice on the cars, so the tree branch didn't do any damage to my neighbor's car. welcome to nebraska!!! i'm so glad i went shopping last night because there's no way in heck i'm trying to drive in this.

1 comment:

The Kahumokus said...

If this isn't motivation enough for me to get my food storage in gear, I don't know what is. Yikes!